Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Why I Missed Getting Most of the Photos of the "Welcome To This State" Signs


It is traditional for us to take a photo of each"Welcome To This State" sign as we enter it on one of our road trips. But I have had very little success bagging these shots on our trip so far: 

Pennsylvania - I was messing with the car AC controls and missed it

West Virginia - Got a picture of the sign at the first rest stop! Yay!

Ohio - The camera wouldn't turn on

Indiana - I was driving and Bob was sleeping

Illinois - It just crept up on us. What? Another state already?

Missouri - No sign

But I do have proof we were in all these states, mostly thanks to the departments of transportation :

Pennsylvania    A rest stop


West Virginia  There was a sign at the first rest stop, as I previously mentioned


Ohio -  Taken at a rest stop


Indiana - You guessed it, taken at a rest stop


Illinois -  Somehow, I don't know how this is possible, but we did not visit any of the rest areas in Illinois.
So for proof we were in the state, I am posting this photo taken in Effingham Illinois, of America's Largest Cross, which was put up for religious reasons as well as bragging rights. Also to distract motorists.


Missouri -
A new state for me! Yay! Lucky for us, there were restrooms in this location:


FYI:
In case you were wondering, we did not stop at every rest stop on the highway. Also, the cleanest, newest, and nicest rest stops are in PA. Pa rest stop bathrooms (women's, not sure about a men's equivalent)  thoughtfully provide the following, which I have never seen before:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are not in the North East anymore Dorothy. West is best!