Sunday, November 9, 2014

Dracena Fragrens on Steroids

We had a spectacular bloom on our corn plants this fall.

Now much as I usually love it when my indoor plants are blooming, the fragrance of the corn plant flower is somewhat intense. And by somewhat intense I mean necessary to evacuate the house. These flowers are probably used for chemical warfare somewhere.

There is a reason the scientific name of the corn plant is Dracena Fragrens.

Upstairs:
Downstairs:

So much as I hated doing it, I had to cut off the flowers. And these were just from the plants upstairs.
After taking this picture, I put them outside the house. It was either that or sleep in gas masks.

1 comment:

notElon said...

I'd say that you'd at least get a nice yield of ears from it, but that doesn't actually look like corn.