Thursday, April 25, 2019

Thursday Morning - The City Museum, St. Louis


St Louis has one of the most unique and weird places I have ever been -  The City Museum.

Originally a 10-story 600,000 square foot shoe factory, it was bought by artist/sculptor Robert Cassilly (who clearly was nuts) as a place to display his art. 


What is really is, is a playground on steroids meant for as many ADHD kids as possible to enjoy at the same time. The noise level is deafening. Tip - go when school is out and not every kid in St Louis is there on a class trip. 

Did I mention there are two 10 story slides? I thought there was only one, but found out there were two when I ended up in a dark catacomb with no obvious exit, in the bowels of the building somewhere, instead of the base of the (other) 10 story slide where Bob was waiting for me.  I'm lucky to have made it out. 

These are some of the questions I asked a very helpful staff member:
1. How do you make sure that everyone is out at the end of the day?
2. How often does someone get stuck and need help getting out? 
3. How often do kids get lost and you need to organize a search party?  

Here is a question for you to ask:

Q - How did I get so many photos without hordes of kids in them? 
A - It wasn't easy





I really can’t describe it adequately. Here are some pictures.



















No comments: