Sunday, August 24, 2008

100,000 Miles Continued ...

As Eli pointed out, there have been a lot of car posts lately, odometer readings in particular.

I don't want to overdo it, but when I posted 100,000 miles on my Astro I said there would be pictures of my van growing up, so here is the first installment:

It all started on January 8th 1997 in Flemington, NJ:

We say goodbye to the old Astro and welcome the new. (But not before the 3 of you take the old for a spin in Donaldson Park.)


All three of you learned how to drive in it.



Don't worry, he's just fine.


Over the years it has done a ton of shlepping.

To the Post Office for The Great Resume Mailing.

With the fixings for Bikur Cholim pesach gift bags.


On dozens of camping trips.




We dressed it up for Purim,
Just joking.



And cleaned it for Pesach.



Even used it for an occasional nap.


I am up to 100,341 miles. Since my Pi has gotten a new car, I will mostly be driving his old Saturn (much better gas mileage) so I won't be putting much mileage on anymore.


Next installment will be: How Do You Get To 100,000 Miles?

1 comment:

notElon said...

We all anxiously await the next power of ten. And hopefully when you get to 1,000,000 miles, you'll be able to capture it on film.